Carcassonne Adventure - In search of The Holy Grail
Time & Location
About the event
Spend a weekend exploring this medieval city, drinking French wine and following in the footsteps of the seekers of the Holy Grail.
- The medieval city of Carcassonne, a hilltop town in southern France’s Languedoc area, is famous for its medieval citadel, La Cité, with numerous watchtowers and double-walled fortifications.
- Notre-Dame de Marseille (near Limoux): guided tour of this mysterious 14th century pilgrimage chapel with its Black Madona; close by, the clients can try to put their hands in the "miraculous spring"! the water is said to cure skin and eye diseases, and it's said that miracles happened (with a lot of imagination, haha, but this is good fun!).
- Alet-Les-Bains, village and abbey: guided tour of the village and the ruined, romantic abbey, a gem! medieval village, House of Nostradamus, 17th-century bridge, medieval abbey made with local pink sandstone, amazing colours.
- Traditional French lunch in Alet-Les-Bains, next door to the abbey, in Hostellerie de l'Evêché: which is actually the former bishop's palace.
- Father Saunière's domain in Rennes-le-Chateau- guided tour of his domain, the former presbytery, Magdala tower, Belvedere, and of course the peculiar church with the Masonic decorations and hidden messages!
- Wine tasting at Sieur d'Arques - immerse yourself in the history of the world's first sparkling wine called Blanquette. It's quite likely the ancestor of Champagne, as it is the 1st sparkling wine in France, mentioned in 1531, well before Champagne! guided tour of the caves, then wine tasting.
- 1 night in Toulouse with breakfast (3-star hotel)
- 2 nights in Carcassonne with breakfast (3-star hotel)
- transportation (return train to Carcassonne from Toulouse, minibus on Saturday)
- guided tour of Carcassonne
- guided tour of Notre-Dame de Marceille, Alet-les-Bains and Rennes-le-Chateau
- 3 course lunch in Hostellerie de l'Evêché ( Alet-les-Bains)
- wine tasting at Sieur d'Arques
- food&drinks ( with an exception of daily breakfast and lunch on Saturday)
Price: Early Bird £399 ( if paid in full by the end of December), £449 afterwards.
Once the deposit of £100 + PayPal fees have been paid, you can transfer the remainder at your convenience but no later than till the end of February.
If it`s more convenient for you, we also accept bank transfers. Contact us for more details.
25th of April, Ryanair, London Heathrow-Toulouse, 07:15-10:05;
28th of April, Ryanair, Toulouse-London Heathrow, 22:05-23:00;
Current price: £60
Feel free to come earlier or leave later depending upon your interest
- Early Bird (until Dec 31st)£413£4130£0