Chernobyl and Kyiv - Post-Apocalyptic Adventure
Time & Location
About the event
Chernobyl Exclusion Zone is one of the most fascinating places on Earth. That’s why more than 20,000 tourists from all over the world visit the Chernobyl zone each year. This unique and out-of-this-world place is a must-see for every extreme traveller and adventurer.
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION WITH PICTURES OF THE TRIP CLICK HERE
- 2 days guided Chernobyl tour
- transportation from and back to Kyiv (yes, that is the correct spelling! “Kyiv” is translated from Ukrainian, which is the official language of Ukraine. It is also the language of historic Ukraine of which Kyiv is the capital)
- full board during 2 days Chernobyl tour
- an overnight stay in the city of Chernobyl
- Geiger-Müller tube
- entry to all 3 safety zones of the Chernobyl exclusion zone
- obligatory insurance
- ticket to Chernobyl Museum in Kyiv
- 2 nights in Kiev in twin/double rooms
- airport transfers
- guided tour in Kyiv
- dedicated English speaking host from CKAC
- travel insurance
- lunches and dinners in Kyiv
Price: £399.00 (for payment up to February 10th 2019)
£445 (for payments from February 11th 2019)
If it`s more convenient for you, we also accept bank transfers. Our bank details are:
Kat`s Adventures Limited
account number: 41764527
sort code: 40-09-25
Thanks to experts and local professionals that helped create the tour you are about to witness, you will travel back in time to 1986. One shall therefore not call this a tour, but rather an exploration of the secrets and history of the Soviet era. Prepare to get close to the well-known V.I. Lenin Nuclear Power Plant, to see the ghost city of Pripyat and the secret military radar Duga. See for yourself how nature overcomes what mankind left over. You may also meet so-called "Self-settlers", local inhabitants who survived and returned back to the zone in the years following the evacuation.
Prepare to receive facts and real life stories about the whole project, the accident and the evacuation that followed. Moreover, be ready for myths and rumours about Duga radar, one of the biggest and most useless Soviet military object that can be seen still standing.
Buildings, signs, slogans and military technique – these will all drag you back into the communist era and leave an imprinted memory FOREVER.
Safety of the Chernobyl exclusion zone
Our guides are specially trained to only lead you on safe roads and paths.
During the visit to the Chernobyl exclusion zone, you will go through dosimetric control several times a day. On top of that, the group will be given at least two Geiger-Müller counters (free of charge) which measure the radiation level constantly. Compared to the radiation level at the time of the Chernobyl accident, the radiation level in the Chernobyl exclusion zone today, it is much, much lower. Most of the places visited in the Chernobyl zone on this trip contain radiation levels lower than natural, everyday radiation.
You can check the current level of radiation in Chernobyl zone on the official Ukrainian government website HERE (http://srp.ecocentre.mns.gov.ua/MEDO-PS/index.php?lang=ENG&online=1).
The official rules for when in the zone, only allow clothes covering most of the body - trousers, long-sleeved shirt or jacket, closed footwear (better on thick sole).
In the Chernobyl zone it is forbidden to:
• Carry any kind of weapons
• Drink alcohol or take drugs
• Eat food or smoke in the open air
• Touch any structures or vegetation
• Sit or place any photo and video equipment on the ground
• Take any items outside the zone
• Violate dress code (no open-type shoes, shorts, trousers, skirts)
• Gather, use or bring vegetable and cattle-breeding products (vegetables, fruits, berries, mushrooms, plants, fish etc.), which were cultivated in the area of the exclusion zone
• Bring in or bring out any animals (dogs, cats etc)
• Drink water from wells, rivers and other open water sources. You must only use water from the Chernobyl water supply system or water from stores
When leaving the Chernobyl zone, it is necessary to:
• Pass compulsory radiation control of clothes, footwear and personal items
The zone is a lot less dangerous now and you will be provided with all the equipment needed, including tubes that measure radiation.
Although the Zone is a place definitely worth experiencing, we suggest that you make this decision with careful consideration of whether you are ready to go, based on all the information provided.
This, of course, is not to alarm you or scare you away from the trip, but we wouldn’t be us if we didn’t make sure that you’re going to taking part in an adventure you’ll want to experience and will feel comfortable in.
9 May 2019, Ukraine International PS112, 12:20 LGW London Gatwick - 17:40 KBP Kiev Borispol
12 May 2019, Ukraine International PS113, 20:05 KBP Kiev Borispol - 21:35 LGW London Gatwick
You can book, however, other flights. The transfer will not be provided, but it is not expensive in Kyiv. We can send you the details on request.
*As we have minimum and maximum numbers for each trip and we are taking bookings through various platforms, please email us once you pay your deposit, to find out if your place has been confirmed and whether you can book the flights before purchasing them.
Itinerary (subject to change):
- Flight to Kyiv
- Airport transfer
- Dinner and drinks
- Early breakfast
- On the first day of 2-days Chernobyl tour you`ll experience the ghost city of Pripyat and the Chernobyl Zone in an unpredicted detail, both before and after the accident. With a Geiger counter in your hands, you will learn the secrets of the zone and experience the evacuation and the aftermath of it.
- Lunch and dinner included.
- The second day of Chernobyl tour brings you to the much iconic places of the zone by following the footsteps of the liquidators, from the machinery, through the buried villages and the red forest, to the first-hand stories of the Chernobyl Zone inhabitants and workers.
- This unforgettable journey will also bring you to the most mysterious places of the zone, such as Jupiter Factory, Bridge of Death or the Daga Radar System.
- Breakfast and lunch included
- Transfer to Kyiv
- Dinner in Kyiv (not included)
- Guided tour in Kyiv
- Free time
- Airport transfer
- Flight to London
- Sold OutRemainder (Early Bird)£257.70£257.700£0
- Full price (from Feb 11th)£470.90£470.900£0
- Remainder (from Feb 11th)£315.60£315.600£0