India Adventure - Amazing Kerala
Time & Location
About the event
Nestled between the pristine waters of the Arabian sea on the west and the lush Western Ghat mountains on the east, it’s intense network of rivers and lagoons, thick forests, exotic wildlife, tranquil stretches of emerald backwaters and a long shoreline of serene beaches make it a traveller's paradise. The literary meaning of Kerala is "the land of coconuts". "Kera" in Malayalam (the language of Kerala) means coconut.
- Boat trip through the magical backwaters of Alleppey
- Visit amazing tea gardens, spice plantations, scenic hill stations
- Wild life sightseeing on Periyar Lake
- Witness traditional Kathakali dance shows & indulge in varied ayurvedic treatments
- Tour around Kerala’s exotic capital – Kochi and much more
- Drive through some of the most breath taking scenery that India has to offer
DAY 1 SATURDAY FEBRUARY 23rd KOCHI
Visit Fort Kochi, Marine drive, The Mattancherry Palace, Jewish Synagogue, Chinese Fishing Nets, Eco-Tourist Villages, spice markets
DAY 2 KOCHI / MUNNAR
Drive to Munnar. Overnight at Munnar. Pass through the panaromic western ghat hills, beautiful streams, small waterfalls, rubber, pepper cardamom and tea plantations, see Pothemedu view point and Blossom Park
Munnar is a town in the Western Ghats mountain range in India’s Kerala state. A hill station and former resort for the British Raj’s elite.
DAY 3 MUNNAR HILL STATION
Visit the popular Eravikulam National Park, tea gardens, Mattupetty Reservoir, Kundala Dam and Tea Museum, Cheeyapara waterfalls, echo point
DAY 4 / DAY 5 THEKKADY
Proceed to Thekkady, begin a breath taking journey through spice plantations and hills
The sanctuary is famous for its dense evergreen, moist deciduous forests and savanna grass lands. Home to herds of elephants, sambar, tigers, gaur, lion-tailed macaques.
Boat trip on Periyar Lake & spice plantation tour. We go for some spice shopping, attend a Kathakali show & indulge in an ayurvedic massage.
DAY 6 KUMARAKOM
Drive to the Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary. Boat ride, ayurvedic session, or evening walk. (During the trip we will have the option for a variety of Ayurvedic massages), a speciality of the region, particularly the hot oil massage.
FRIDAY MARCH 1st DAY 7 ALLEPPEY
BOAT TRIP THROUGH THE BACKWATERS
We’ll witness the full range of lives & activities of the people of Kerala & amazing scenery.
DAY 8 ALLEPPEY / KOCHI
We drive back from Allepey to Kochi (Approx 2 hours). Get into Kochi around 12.00pm. Further sightseeing (for those that have time) for areas we may have missed on day 1.
DAY 9-14 (Not in main itinerary)
OPTIONAL SIDE TRIPS TO RAJASTHAN's PALACES / DELHI / AGRA (TAJ MAHAL), can be arranged
£695 (For payment before Nov 20th)
£795 (For payment before Dec 20th)
£895 (For payment before Jan 20th)
Deposit: £100 (plus PayPal fee)
Once the deposit of £100 + PayPal fees has been paid, you can transfer the remainder at your convenience but no later than a month before the trip.
If it`s more convenient for you, we also accept bank transfers. Our bank details are:
Kat`s Adventures Limited
account number: 41764527
sort code: 40-09-25
- All accommodation (Twin share)
- All transportation by A/c minibus
- 7 breakfasts
- 1 host (from the UK) for the entire length of the trip
- Tour guides in certain locations
- Boat hire for 1 day for backwater trip, breakfast and dinner on boat
- Boat trip Periyar wildlife sanctuary
- Spice plantation tours
- Kathakali and Kalaripayattu show
- Pick up & drop off from Kochi Airport (for designated flights)
- Flight to India / Kochi
- Ayurvedic treatments
- Lunch / Dinner except on the boat trip
- Entry fees to any other places except those listed above
The trip begins from Kochi airport . You will need to get to get into Kochi airport by 10.00 am on Feb 23rd. Therefore you should plan to arrive into India on Thursday Feb 22nd 2019 and get a flight into Kochi that day. Thursday Feb 22nd hotel accommodation is not included.
Please note that unless the trip is cancelled the payments are non-refundable as the costs need to be paid in advance.
- Sleepy Bird (until Dec 20th)£822.80£822.800£0