Fri, 03 Aug|
Norfolk Weekend-Coastal Hikes, Roman Fort and Stately Homes
We did parts of this trip 3 years ago and found the whole area really interesting. If you haven't been to this part of England, it's well worth a visit.
Time & Location
03 Aug 2018, 19:00 – 05 Aug 2018, 18:00
Norwich, Norwich, UK
About the event
Join us for this amazing trip to Norfolk where we'll:
- Hike along the Norfolk Coast
- Visit an ancient Roman fort
- Enter some amazing stately homes and estates.
We'll base ourselves in Norwich and do 2-day trips (Saturday & Sunday)
At the moment we can take about 12 people. Will discuss with hike leader later if we can increase this number.
FRIDAY EVENING AUGUST 3rd ARRIVE IN NORWICH
(BOOK TRAIN TICKETS EARLY. IF YOU SIGN UP EARLY THEN WE MIGHT BE ABLE TO ORGANISE A GROUP DISCOUNT AT A REASONABLE PRICE OTHERWISE EXPECT TO PAY A LOT MORE). DON'T BOOK THE RETURN TRAIN JOURNEY TO LEAVE NORWICH BEFORE 6.00PM
SAT AUGUST 4th
- Leave Norwich and make our way to begin our hike from Wells-next-the-Sea
- HIKE: Wells-next-the-Sea - Holkham Hall - Wells-next-the-Sea
Distance: 10 miles
From the salt marshes and Wells port to the beautiful Holkham Hall and its surrounding area, our first hike will be an exciting coastal walk that will take in some of Norfolk's amazing coastal scenery and visit one of its treasures: Holkham Hall
SUNDAY AUGUST 5th
- Leave Norwich to begin and make our way to Great Yarmouth / Burgh Castle
- Hike: Burgh Castle to Somerleyton
- Then get transport back to Norwich
Distance: 9 miles
Near Great Yarmouth lies an old Roman fort where nearly 2000 years ago Roman troops garrisoned and now we can still walk the same paths as they did.
Somerleyton Hall & Gardens
As we leave the fort we bear South following Angles way where we visit Somerleyton estate. A stunning estate with picturesque Gardens (with a Maze inside) and see a bit more modern history
- Accommodation in Norwich hotel for 2 nights (Twin share) with breakfast
- Hiking guide for 2 days
- All transportation by bus/ taxi/minibus to hiking locations and back to Norwich
- Travel to Norwich
- Entry into stately homes (Somerlyton £10 Holkham Hall £16)