Space Adventure 1: Baikonur Cosmodrome & Space Rocket Launch
Time & Location
About the event
ROCKET LAUNCH: A ONCE IN A LIFE TIME SPACE EXPERIENCE
There is no other place in the world where you can truly experience space exploration by mankind other than Baikonur in Kazakhstan. It is the world’s first and largest space launch facility built by the Soviets in the 1950’s. Sputnik, the world’s first satellite was launched from this cosmodrome in 1957, followed by the first human spaceflight with Yuri Gagarin onboard the ‘Vostok’ spacecraft on April 12th, 1961.
Since then over 1,200 spacecraft were launched into space from here. It is managed by the Russian space agency (that leases a territory almost 7000 sq. km from Kazakhstan) until 2050.
- We will witness the roll-out of the spacecraft
- A unique view of the launch of the rocket itself
- Sightseeing in Baikonur city
- Excursions to the Baikonur cosmodrome museum and the international space school
- A cosmodrome tour, visiting the facilities and objects that were used for space exploration in the past
- Visiting the Buran spacecraft
- Visiting the houses of Yuri Gagarin Sergei Korolev
- transportation to Kazakhstan (domestic flights to Kyzylorda)
- accommodation in Baikonur
- All permits to enter Baikonur
- In Baikonur all costs which include:
- travel insurance and flight tickets from London -Astana- London accommodation in Astana (if needed)
PRICE: £1995 (Payment before Nov 11th 2018)
PRICE: £2195 (Payment before Dec 11th 2018)
DUE TO PERMIT ISSUANCE PROCEDURES FOR THIS HEAVILY RESTRICTED AREA. WE CANNOT ALLOW ANYONE ONTO THIS TRIP WHO HAS NOT REGISTERED AND PAID BEFORE DEC 11TH 2018
Once the deposit of £100 + PayPal fees have been paid, you can transfer the remainder at your convenience but no later than 11th December 2018.
If it`s more convenient for you, we also accept bank transfers. Our bank details are:
Kat`s Adventures Limited
account number: 41764527
sort code: 40-09-25
IMPORTANT: In order to get permission to enter Baikonur Zone we require full payment and all the needed information 55 days prior to the tour dates. PLEASE MAKE YOUR DECISION TO ATTEND THIS TOUR BEFORE 11th DECEMBER 2018.
Day 1 Astana - Kyzylorda
Meet at Astana airport. Flight to Kyzylorda and a transfer to the Baikonur area. The first evening in the space city.
Days 2 + 3 + 4 Baikonur area
Stay at one of the refurbished hotels, witness the roll-out of the spacecraft, visit the launch pad of Proton (the launch pad of Yuri Gagarin, which is still in operation until today), and a glimpse of the launch pad of Energia (carrier for the famous Buran).
Visit the international space school, the museum with invaluable artefacts, Gagarin and Korolev houses. Watch the space crew for their ready-to-go official report, pre-launch checks and a historical moment as the space craft launches
Day 5 Kyzylorda - Astana
Transfer to Kyzylorda, departure back to Astana. Departure from Kazakhstan back to London.
- LAZY BIRD (Full price)£2,271£2,2710£0
- LAZY BIRD (Full remainder)£2,168£2,1680£0
- LAZY BIRD (2-parts remainder)£1,084£1,0840£0
- LAZY BIRD (3-parts remainder)£722.60£722.600£0