WALES TRIP - Cancelled due to government travel guidelines
Time & Location
About the event
IF YOU'D LIKE TO BE KEPT ON A WAITLIST FOR THIS TRIP PLEASE CONTACT US AT firstname.lastname@example.org
FOR DETAILED INFORMATION WITH PICTURES OF THE TRIP CLICK HERE
- Hike past a series of amazing waterfalls and walk behind one
- Witness a typical U-shaped glacial valley
- Visit the largest burial cairn in the Beacons
The Brecon Beacons National Park is home to some of the most beautiful scenery in South Wales, full of grassy moorland, tranquil reservoirs, stunning waterfalls and high mountain plateaus. It covers an incredible 520 square miles of South and Mid Wales, with two-thirds of this area being comprised of old red sandstone rocks. The National Park was established in 1957 – and was one of the first ten areas’ in Britain to be given such status.
Day 1: March 27th, Friday
Car share or train to Cardiff
Day 2: March 28th, Saturday
THE WATERFALLS HIKE (10-11 miles)
We begin with what can only be described as a sublime hike, a circuit of up to ten waterfalls in the most renowned waterfall area of the UK.
“Snow falls” – walk behind a waterfall and come out the other side – must be tried once in a lifetime! Other highlights include caves and the waterfall visitor centre.
Dinner in Cardiff
Day 3: March 29th, Sunday
“Hanging Valley” Ridgeline walk (9 miles)
A walk around this glacial valley, which has many special geological characteristics and lots to discover. There is a challenging ascent at the beginning, but once you are up you stay up – true skyline walking.
One of the most varied and interesting walks in the Beacons, which packs in loads for its’ relatively short distance.
- 2 nights accommodation in a 4 STAR HOTEL in Cardiff City Centre (Twin share)
- 2 Breakfasts
- Services of a guide for 2 days (Fully qualified Mountain leader trained, with over 17 years experience hiking throughout Wales)
- Travel to and from the hotel every day to the hiking locations
- Travel to Cardiff (A train to Cardiff Central or Carshare)
- Other food/drink (Saturday morning we’ll stop at a local supermarket to pick up lunch provisions)
Bank Account: 41764527
Sort code: 40 09 25
Reference: Your name / Wales Water